GROWTH STAGE LEADERSHIP CONSULTING
Scaling a company isn’t the same as starting one
Equipping leaders to scale their businesses
Scaling a startup can be especially daunting for first-time CEOs and executives. “It’s lonely at the top,” especially trying to find answers. You need someone to walk with you, to help you stay relevant as the business scales.
You invest in startups primarily because you believe in the CEOs, but how do you know their skills will grow with the company? The right time to equip CEOs with the help they need is before a crisis emerges.
You want to focus on leadership and culture development but don’t have enough bandwidth. Sometimes, developing leaders is better accomplished by partnering with a neutral third party who can help effect change.
Lori Dernavich describes her work across your company:
- I don’t run your company — I help you develop the leadership skills you’ll need to scale and stay relevant
- I don’t develop your strategy — I make sure you implement strategy effectively across the organization
- I don’t recruit talent — I teach you how to interview and hire the best talent
- I don’t run your board meetings — I show you how to manage board relationships
- I don’t manage your projects — I show your team how to hold people accountable and meet deadlines
- I don’t manage your people — I show you how to lead confidently and get things done
- I don’t play team-building games — I show you how to motivate and inspire your people
- I don’t develop your board decks — I make sure your presentations are concise and professional
- I don’t write your communications — I show you how to communicate across the organization as it scales
- I don’t solve your conflicts — I equip you to resolve conflicts quickly and effectively
- I don’t act like a yes man — I tell you the truth to empower you
- I don’t run your team meetings — I make sure you know how to make meetings brief and effective
- I don’t organize your time — I show you how to make the most of your time
- I don’t tell you when to go home — I help you find work/life balance
- I don’t judge you — I provide a safe, confidential place for you to vent when you can’t vent to anyone else
- I don’t prescribe antidepressants — I help you sort through emotional issues
"You need to shift from building a great product to building the company that builds the great product." — Adam Pisoni